How to Get More Organic Site Visits
Organic website traffic is one of the most genuine indicators of website performance. Organic website traffic is the number of visitors who visit your site via unpaid search results. Finding your website via something like Google or Bing rather than be referred to your website through some paid advertising campaign.
If you do find that your website is perhaps not garnering the amount of organic traffic that you’d hoped, there are some things you can do to increase organic website traffic.
Tips to Increase Organic Website Traffic
Leverage Social Media
- It’s estimated that approximately 4 billion people will be using at least one social media platform in 2021. At this point, the usefulness of social media is undeniable. Building a consistent social media presence will give your business better visibility and will lead people to your website.
- Social media is a great way to both create content and promote content that you already have. Creating a constant flow of fresh content will improve your rankings on search engines like Google.
- SEO or search engine optimization, is the practice of improving your website to rank higher in various search engines.
- Engaging in SEO for your website can take many forms. Generating consistent quality content, revamping your websites UX and design, and keyword optimization. All of these practices will improve your websites Google rankings and increase organic traffic.
Internal-Linking and Cross-Promoting
- Internal-linking across your website and social media platforms is a great way to create an ecosystem of quality content for customers to explore.
- While internal-linking and cross-promoting are very useful tools in boosting your organic traffic, remember to do it in a way that is actually useful to the user. Don’t link to irrelevant content, because this might actually hurt your website.
- Is email marketing dead? Outdated? Far from it! In reality email marketing is a uniquely useful marketing strategy, and a great way to generate organic traffic. Email marketing performs much better than traditional marketing.
- Just be sure not to abuse email marketing or it can have the inverse effect. Constantly bombarding your customers with irrelevant content can actually repel users from your website.
- Having an optimized website means having a website that is fast, responsive, and mobile friendly. If your website is taking too long to load or is unresponsive, it doesn’t matter how visible it is, customers won’t wait for it to load.
- In addition to making sure your website is responsive, you also need to make sure that your website is formatted for mobile. It’s estimated that over 50% of web traffic is mobile traffic. In order to maximize your organic traffic you need to make sure that your website is mobile friendly.
- Facilitating channels of customer interaction and communication will give your business legitimacy and exposure. For instance, if someone is looking at reviews, and a prospective customer sees the interaction, they’re more likely to be led to your website.
- By facilitating an environment with your customers where they feel comfortable communicating their feelings, you’re creating a community based around your business. Take advantage of platforms like Facebook and Google to interact with customers.
- A regular content schedule is crucial in maintaining a good standing with the Google rankings. Consistent content will keep your business relevant and help in generating more organic traffic.
- Consider something like creating a blog for your business centered around your industry. Making consistent social media content is another good way to create a consistent flow of content. This will improve your websites Google ranking and increase organic traffic.