Social media is the most dominant tool in modern business. It can be impossible to stay relevant without taking advantage of social media advertising. However, with so many different social media platforms in use, and seemingly a new one popping up every day, it can be hard to narrow down your focus.
There isn’t one social media platform that can do it all. The most useful social media platform for your business depends on what your business does and what you’re trying to accomplish.
Let’s review the most prominent social media platforms…
- The fact is Facebook is the most popular social media platform in the world. Facebook has an estimated two billion daily active users.
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform for business advertising simply because every demographic uses it. Facebook can be used to reach men and women from ages 18-65.
- Facebook is useful for a wide variety of media content promotion, and a great way to lead people to your website. Photos, videos, and direct communication with your customers are all great uses of Facebook.
- Twitter is a great platform for giving your brand a voice, and for interacting with your customers. It’s dominated by text, but it can also host other forms of media like photos and videos.
- Twitter is also a useful place to keep your followers updated with the most recent news about your business.
- Twitter’s whole identity is based around the character limit of your posts, which currently sits at 280. So when posting something to twitter it’s imperative that you use your words wisely. A little wit goes a long way.
- Youtube is the world’s second largest search engine after Google (and is owned by Google). It’s a video platform that despite being only for videos is surprisingly versatile.
- Youtube is used by a diverse demographic similar to Facebook. Due to the fact that there is so much content on Youtube, It’s important to understand Youtube’s algorithm so people are able to see your content.
- While the platform is dominated by comedy videos and music, product demos, reviews, instructional videos, and other creative endeavors are all useful ways to grow your business, and perform well on the platform.
- Pinterest has approximately 291 million daily users, and is a great place to grow your small business. Due to the fact that Pinterest is such a visual platform and facilitates e-commerce so well, it’s the ideal place to promote your products.
- Most Pinterest users are women ages 25-54, however there is a rising number of men using the site.
- One of the most beneficial aspects of Pinterest is that for every $1 spent on advertising there is $4.3 of return on investment; making Pinterest one of the most affordable and efficient advertising platforms.